|Sigma Phi Scholarships|
Sigma Phi has the largest scholarship fund per member of any fraternity. We are committed to providing financial support to undergraduate members who merit support on the basis of financial need, academic performance, leadership, and participation in Sigma Phi.
There are two scholarship programs supported by the Francis S. Viele Scholarship Trust.
The Scholars in Residence (SIR) program rewards excellence in academics, with all undergraduate brothers who maintain a GPA of 3.25 and live in a Sigma Phi house are eligible to receive $500. There are alternative criteria to qualify for SIR for chapters that do not have a house.
The Viele Scholarship is an award of several thousand dollars provided to 40-50% of applicants. Applicants are evaluated on three criteria: academic performance, financial need, and service.
For more information about the scholarships and how to apply please visit the SIRS and Viele Scholarship pages.
Sigma Phi also has several academic recognition programs:
• Chapter with the highest GPA: $1,000 awarded annually.
• Chapter with the most improved GPA: $1,000 awarded annually.
• Undergraduate chapter with best newsletter awarded annually.
• Graduate chapter with best alumni newsletter awarded annually.
• Membership insignia for any national or local honorary society (ex: Phi Beta Kappa key) paid for by Sigma Phi.